Friday, June 6, 2014

Haunted Level -Need Name-

I've been working on a haunted level for the Banjo Kazooie hack. So far, it's not even close to finish. I still need to work on the new mansion. Didn't I say the level will be similar to Mad Monster Mansion?

Here is what I got so far:

Unfinished - Not even windows.

I had some rage on the damn roofs. Sadly, the roof may not be perfect but it's probably not a big deal.
Most textures (Like often) will be from the original game. Some may be re-colored. Some are also edited by removing some face too.
Also, there is one texture I found on the Internet, that's now resized somewhere on the map.

I did, however, made some of my own.

Front door. - With custom door texture.

Boy, if I made this official, for a commercial, I would need to remove all the Copyrighted textures. xD And maybe change the MMM wall shape, maybe. I can probably still make it similar as a platformer game, with the ideas though.

Anyway, I love my door texture.. Still though, the door may still feel too different than the rest, like it may still look too "cartoony" (Not that it's a bad thing it's self). I often want to make the wood and stuff feel more like the textures from Banjo Kazooie. I did made another door texture near there.. In another map... It was in that scary room about those 2 trolls on the wall. I noticed I didn't make the door style pop-out things right but it could be a new style in the end...

Takes place right outside of the original level! Which is Mad Monster Mansion.
Yep, ever wondered what's behind the gate when playing the original game, and while in Mad Monster Mansion? I wanted to make a version to see what it's like.. Though, I don't know why, but my mind was mainly about a forest and a trail.. Not so sure why this one something else..
Anyone can freely make there own if they like of course. I won't claim ownership of the idea.

Also, some textures of the UV mapping is messed up (Noticed the fence and such?). It's planned to be fixed in Wings 3D.
The texture UV editing in Sketchup is really terrible. Most of the time if I were to use the unfixed pins, it would make copies of the same texture and make them into different shapes and stuff...


Like I said... really unfinished...
Also, there may be an Easter egg or something about some wolf called KIM.. I would place some signs saying "KIM was here" or something. Maybe in "blood writing??"

I could also go a long way secret on where this wolf went. -A secret room inside the mansion, but it's very hard to find I think-.. Inside... umm I won't tell further but most of it is an idea for now.
*KIM is some character made by a fan of a wolf movie called Alpha and Omega. Mainly from that.



Anyway, shading this map is going to take a while once it's done!

2 comments:

  1. Call it "Critic's Kazooie 2: The Happening"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you please tell me what you mean by "Critic Kazooie"? Are you saying I'm a critic all the time?

      Maybe you should of said "Banjo Kazooie 5: The Second Main Area" as I've already had earlier works before that room model.

      Delete